Tuesday, October 13, 2009

again another very very quick post cuz exams not over yet...

I was entranced
by the viola....

I was listening to Distant Worlds:Final Fantasy Music...
and then my interest in in classical music grew and grew

I remembered hearing violins in the songs...
and that cause me to think about violas

I remembered the song in La Corda D'oro...
So I went to youtube and searched for violas

And I listened to it the whole day...

I may be thinking of playing viola...
I want to see how it goes first...
Cuz my progress with piano is like...
a standstill..
and I'm afraid if I tell my parents that I want to play viola,
they'll just scold me and say that I waste their money and don't practise often enough...
and they'll say that my interest will die soon

So, with the hari raya money, I'll keep it
and then maybe some how... in a few months maybe?
I'll try to convince them...
The timing must be perfect
or else my heart will be broken into a million pieces...

I'll go to the music shop at Causeway Point to ask abt the cost of the viola
and see if they have any lessons for beginners.
I've checked the internet too...
I think the cheapest one is about $250
And I think my duit raya is about near $300?

So I think I'll buy a cheaper one. Just in case my interest dies away
I HOPE NOT! TOUCH WOOD!!!

Next thing after that,
Is go to Yentl's house after the exams are over
and ask her to teach me how to play the violin
Although the 2 instruments look almost the same,
they are 2 completely different instruments
So I'll take a look... And it's nice to visit a friend sometimes rite?

I'm not sure how to break the news to my parents
because Sec 3 is gonna be a tough and trying year
so... it is likely that they won't support my decision.
But still, that won't stop me from trying.

The viola is the Queen of the strings. It's range is a metaphor for finding peace between two extremes , the violin and the cello. It illuminates my soul.

I want to change my life.
Starting with passion for music.
and discipline.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home